- Hope D. Wall (1912-2001) was a local pioneer in special education.
- In 1961, parents in the Aurora area asked her to help start a school for children with disabilities.
- Although she had no formal training in working with children with disabilities, she accepted the challenge.
- Initially, Wall was the only teacher at the private, eight-student John F. Kennedy School.
- In 1969, East and West Aurora School Districts agreed to work together to transform the private school into a public school and build a new facility on Indian Trail.
- This school was named in honor of Hope D. Wall
HOPE D. WALL
HOPE D. WALL SCHOOL
449 W. Indian Trail Ct. Aurora, IL 60506